Specify for Dobutamine
- Rest & stress assessment:
- LV wall motion at rest & exercise
- Ischemic-related wall motion changes
- Non-ischemic causes of chest pain (i.e. valvular disease, pericardial disease)
- Heart rate, blood pressure, ECG and symptomatic response to exercise
- Evaluates cardiac valves & blood flow
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A STRESS ECHOCARDIOGRAM
- The test takes approximately 1 hour.
- Do NOT have any caffeine (including decaf beverages, tea or chocolate) 12 hours prior to the test or it may be cancelled. Please bring a list of your medications, including dosage and frequency. Take your medications at your usual time, unless your physician has indicated otherwise. You may take your medication with juice, milk or a piece of toast if necessary.
- You may have water or juice before your stress test, but you should abstain from solid foods for at least two (2) hours prior to test. If you are a diabetic, please follow your normal daily diet regimen.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes for your stress test. Slacks or shorts are preferred and shoes should be appropriate for brisk exercise on a treadmill or a bicycle.
- A resting echo will be performed on your heart prior to the exercise. You will then exercise by walking on a treadmill or pedaling a stationary cycle; both start out slowly and then gradually increase in speed and / or resistance. It is important to exercise as long as you can. One more picture will be taken immediately after the exercise portion. You will be monitored until your heart rate, blood pressure and EKG return to normal resting levels.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.