- Left ventricular ejection fraction and wall motion at rest
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A REST MUGA
- The test takes approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- There is NO preparation for this test, however, it is advisable to reduce your caffeine intake for the day. Please take your medications at your usual time and bring a list of them with you to the test.
- Any woman under 50 years of age will be asked to sign a form stating that there is no chance of pregnancy and to alert us if they are breast-feeding.
- Rest MUGAs require two separate injections into your arm, which have no side-effects. The technologist will then take three separate pictures with the camera up close to your body while you’re lying on your back. This test does not contain Iodine, however it is a radioisotope and the radiation you will receive is comparable to that of a chest X-Ray.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.