Lower Extremity Arterial Examination (PVR)
- Ankle/Brachial indices with segmental pressures and pulse volume reading
- Doppler study bilaterally
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A PULSED VOLUME RECORDER
- The test takes approximately 1 hour.
- No preparation is necessary.
- Blood pressure cuffs are placed in various positions on each leg and inflated. While the cuff is inflated measurements of the blood “volume” and “blood pressure” are recorded. Doppler is also used to listen to the blood flow through each leg. You may experience some discomfort during the inflation of the cuff around the thigh, similar to when a blood pressure cuff is inflated on the arm.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.