24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitor
- Blood pressure and pulse monitored every 20 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes at night for 24-hour period
- Report includes individual readings and trending
- Correlated with patient-documented symptoms
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AMBULATORY BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
- The hook-up for this test takes approximately one-half hour.
- Please wear a loose fitting comfortable shirt so that the blood pressure cuff can be placed on your arm. You will be given a carrying case and shoulder strap so you can wear the monitor either around your waist or on your shoulder.
- Bring a current list of your medications, including dosage and frequency. Take your medications at your current time.
- You will wear this monitor for 24 hours. During this time, you will be asked to log your activities and/or symptoms in a diary. You are encouraged to do normal activities; however, you are not able to bathe, shower or swim with the monitor on.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.