24 Hour Holter Monitor (DCG)
- Heart rate and rhythm response recorded over 24-hour period
- Heart rate and rhythm correlation to patient-documented symptoms
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A 24-HOUR HOLTER MONITOR
- The hook-up for this test takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Please wear a loose fitting comfortable shirt so that electrodes can be placed on your chest. No one-piece outfits, please (i.e. no dresses, girdles or overalls). Please refrain from using lotion or powder on your chest area as this makes it difficult for the electrodes to stay in place. You may want to shower prior to having the monitor hooked up as you will not be able to during the 24 hour monitoring period.
- Bring a current list of your medications, including dosage and frequency. Take your
medications at your current time.
- You will wear this monitor for 24 hours. During this time, you will be asked to log your
activities and/or symptoms in a diary. You are encouraged to do normal activities;
however, you are not able to bathe, shower or swim.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.