Pharmacologic Lexiscan Stress Test
Dobutamine available upon request
- Myocardial perfusion/viability at rest & “stress” using pharmacological stress agent
- Resting left ventricular wall motion & ejection fraction
- Evaluation of myocardial ischemia & infarction
- LVEF prognostic indicator for CAD & CHF
- Heart rate, blood pressure, ECG response to “stress”
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A PHARMACOLOGIC CARDIOLITE “STRESS” TEST
- The test takes approximately three hours.
- Do NOT have any caffeine (including decaf beverages, tea or chocolate) 12 hours prior to the test or it WILL be cancelled! Please bring a list of your medications, including dosage and frequency. Take your medications at your usual time, unless your physician has indicated otherwise. **Please discontinue oral Persantine for 48 hours if it is one of your medications. You may take your medication with juice, milk or a piece of toast if necessary.
- You may have water or juice before your stress test, but you should abstain from solid foods for at least one (1) hour prior to test. If you are a diabetic, please follow your normal daily diet regimen.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes for your stress test. Slacks or shorts are preferred and shoes should be appropriate for easy exercise on a treadmill or a bicycle.
- After an injection, you will need to lie on your back with your arms above your head for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, you will be given a medication called Persantine which is a drug that mimics the
effects of exercise by dilating your blood vessels. You may be asked to do some very light “exercise” by walking on a treadmill or pedaling a stationary cycle which helps the medication. You will be
monitored until your heart rate, blood pressure and EKG return to normal resting levels. One more
picture will be taken after this “exercise” portion.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.