Lower Extremity Venous Ultrasound
- Bilateral leg ultrasound
- Evaluate for DVT and venous insufficiency
- Can also do upper extremities
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A LOWER EXTREMITY VENOUS ULTRASOUND (For DVT)
- The test takes approximately 1 hour for DVT or 1.5 hours for venous insufficiency.
- No preparation is necessary for this test.
- Ultrasound equipment is used to evaluate for blood clots or insufficient blood flow throughout both legs. You will be lying on your back while painless high frequency sound waves (ultrasound) are used to image the veins in both legs.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.