Lower Extremity Arterial Imaging (LAI)
- Duplex ultrasound of the arterial system bilaterally for precise location of stenosis
- Includes imaging from abdominal bifurcation, iliacs and also lower leg measurements
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A LOWER ARTERIAL IMAGING ULTRASOUND
- The test takes approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT (or at least 6 hours before test).
- Ultrasound equipment is used to image the arteries from the abdomen to the feet.. Doppler is also used to listen to the blood flow through each leg and several measurements are taken to determine the amount of plaque in the arteries.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.