Atrial Fibrillation Event Monitor
- Heart rate and rhythm response recorded over an extended period of time
- Triggered by atrial fibrillation and other rate-related symptoms—syncope/near syncope
- Heart rate and rhythm correlation to patient-documented symptoms
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AN A-FIB MONITOR
- The hook-up for this test takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Please wear a loose fitting comfortable shirt so that electrodes can be placed on your chest. No one-piece outfits, please (i.e. no dresses, girdles or overalls). Please refrain from using lotion or powder on your chest area as this makes it difficult for the electrodes to stay in place.
- Bring a current list of your medications, including dosage and frequency. Take your
medications at your current time.
- For this test, two electrodes will be placed on your chest and you will be given a monitor to wear. The monitor will record your heart rhythm for one minute after you press the appropriate button. Be sure to keep track of your symptoms and the time of the recording in the diary provided. You will wear this monitor for approximately one month unless otherwise instructed.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TEST, PLEASE CALL (248) 545-0070 AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.